The Statewide Executive Order issued by Governor Newsom this evening is set forth here: https://covid19.ca.gov/img/Executive-Order-N-33-20.pdf
The Order includes the following directives:
- All State residents directed to heed current State public health directives, found here: https://covid19.ca.gov/
- All individuals living in State of California directed to stay at home or at their place of residence EXCEPT AS NEEDED TO MAINTAIN CONTINUITY OF OPERATIONS OF THE FEDERAL CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE SECTORS OUTLINED HERE: https://www.cisa.gov/sites/default/files/publications/CISA-Guidance-on-Essential-Critical-Infrastructure-Workers-1-20-508c.pdf
- The Order states that government has identified 16 critical infrastructure sectors whose assets, systems and supply chains are considered vital to the US; destruction would have debilitating effect on security, economic security, public health or safety or combination of above. See diagram below for enumerated sectors.
- Californians may leave their places of residence to perform the enumerated functions including those whose functions or work activities are needed to maintain continuity of the enumerated critical sectors.
- Residents are advised to consider local emergency orders which may have more restrictive measures for non-critical sectors.
- Any time residents must leave their homes they must practice social distancing including at work.
The following link provides good guidance regarding the sectors and critical infrastructure workers: https://www.cisa.gov/sites/default/files/publications/CISA-Guidance-on-Essential-Critical-Infrastructure-Workers-1-20-508c.pdf
We anticipate further guidance to be issued by the state and local authorities in the coming days and consultation with the authorities on particular business may be warranted. If you would like particular guidance on your business or sector, please contact your Sheppard Mullin attorney and provide as much detail as possible regarding your business and operations and we will respond as soon as possible.
We realize this is critically important and time-sensitive and we appreciate you contacting us.
***This alert is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice and is not intended to form an attorney-client relationship. Please contact your Sheppard Mullin attorney contact for additional information.***
For more legal insights visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) page.