On June 26, 2019, California Governor Gavin Newsom signed the Fiscal Year 2019-20 State Budget into law. The State’s fiscal year begins July 1st and funding will be available by end of July 2019. The approved budget allocates $2.4 billion to help address homelessness and affordable housing needs, and includes:
- Short-term planning and infill infrastructure grants;
- Funding for housing tax credits and moderate‑income housing production;
- General Fund one‑time funding for homelessness;
- Funding for permanent supportive housing;
- Proposals and procedures for innovative development of State property for affordable housing.